In the previous week, Famitsu released data on software and hardware sales in Japan. The Director’s Cut of Ghost of Tsushima was the week’s biggest release. Ghost of Tsushima was the most popular game on the PS5 and PS4 during a very quiet week.
With two spots in the top 10, the PS5 version sold more than 13.700 units in fifth place, while the PS4 version sold more than 10.000 units in sixth place.
With more than 17.000 units sold, Ring Fit Adventure took first place, while Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut is the most popular game of the week when sales of PS5 and PS4 are combined. Several Switch exclusives, such as Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and Super Mario Party, may also be included in the table.
[NSW] Ring Fit Adventure – 17,656 (2,772,950)
- [NSW] Yu-Gi-Oh! Rush Duel: Saikyo Battle Royale!! – 16,742 (113,039);
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 15,756 (3,995,095);
- [NSW] Minecraft – 15,385 (2,139,193);
- [PS5] Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut – 13,745 (New);
- [NSW] Momotaro Dentetsu: Showa, Heisei, Reiwa mo Teiban! – 13,581 (2,336,531);
- [PS4] Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut – 10,224 (New);
- [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 8,870 (4,389,399);
- [NSW] Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury – 8,212 (857,492);
- [NSW] Super Mario Party – 6,810 (1,970,823).
With sales on the PS4 and PS5, Ghost of Tsushima Directors Cut has sold over 24.000 units in Japan since its release.