Project Haven infiltrates the Indie Arena Booth at gamescom 2021
Squad tactics in the manner of the 1990s, with a contemporary twist, as well as an extended and upgraded demo.
Indie developer Code Three Fifty One has hacked the mainframe, penetrated gamescom’s servers, and is currently working on carving out their own space in the Indie Arena Booth for their forthcoming sci-fi squad tactics game Project Haven, which will be released later this year. In addition, they are bringing in the heavy guns, including an upgraded demo that includes a never-before-seen scenario for potential mercenaries to test their mettle on.
Players will be able to download the new Project Haven demo from Steam starting on August 25th and playing it for the duration of gamescom. The demo will allow players to challenge three full story missions (from a planned 45+ stage campaign) and experience the procedurally generated skirmish mode in both PvP and co-op for up to four players. You will take on the role of the leader of the Steel Dragons, a mercenary crew that is battling for survival (as well as profit) on the streets of Haven, the world’s final metropolis.
Project Haven, which draws inspiration from squad tactics masterpieces of the past (such as the Jagged Alliance series), provides players with a complex and hard tactical sandbox to conquer. Use an action point-based mobility system to explore a gridless urban battlefield, take cover with variable postures, and accurately aim every shot with over-the-shoulder manual aiming. Each and every bullet is ballistically modelled and capable of punching a clean hole through a body, so choose your shots wisely and keep your squad’s heads out of the firing line as much as possible.
When it comes to Project Haven, it is not always necessary to use overwhelming force. Disarm your opponents by firing the pistol out of their hands, then narrow the space between you and them for a melee strike. Take use of a sophisticated stealth system to evade opponent lines of sight and perform a quiet takedown from behind, or smash through thick walls with armor-piercing bullets for the ultimate in surprise assaults. To become the deadliest and most efficient mercenary crew available for hire, you must refine your tactics, upgrade your squad, and personalize your armament.
Project Haven, which will be released next year, will have a large 45+ mission campaign, a gritty sci-fi plot to uncover, and a cast of colorful (and mismatched) mercenary characters to round out your roster. Every task is meticulously designed by Edwin McRae, a veteran game designer who has worked on titles such as Lost Ember and Path Of Exile among others.
The Indie Arena Booth will be hosting a virtual Summercamp Of Doom from August 25th to August 29th, and participants are encouraged to stop by. Exploring, discovering great indie games, and collecting a variety of funky-fresh digital stickers are all part of the experience. Then stop by the Project Haven booth in the Power Plant zone to say hello. Details will be accessible on the Indie Arena Booth official website in the near future. On August 27th, at 10:00 a.m. PT / 7:00 p.m. CET, a new trailer (containing Project Haven’s first boss) will be unveiled at the gamescom studio in Cologne, Germany. Make sure to have a look at it!
The new Project Haven demo will be available on Steam starting on August 24th. The complete game will be released in 2022, and players may follow the game’s development on the game’s official Discord channel, as well as on Code Three Fifty One’s development blog, which can be found on the Steam platform. Create a wishlist now to get updates as they become available.
- Modern aesthetics married to classic squad tactics gameplay featuring action point-based movement and deep ballistic simulation
- A free-aiming system that allows you to take control of your mercs directly and manually shoot from an over-the-shoulder perspective, then pop behind cover to protect yourself from counterattacks.
- Locational damage, letting you wing your enemies with a shot to the arm to reduce accuracy, slow their movement with a hit to the legs, or boost damage with a precise headshot.
- An advanced cover system lets you adjust the stance of each merc with just two clicks. Peeking over cover or leaning round a wall exposes yourself, but provides vital lines of sight.
- Mature storytelling. Learn the harsh realities of a seething megacity full of desperation and dark secrets. Witness the gritty lives of mercs and NPCs, and experience a story-driven campaign with fully voiced and motion-captured characters and cinematics.
- RPG character progression Command a group of mercenaries, each with their own unique personality and attitude towards other characters. Improve their attributes and unlock new skills as they gain experience and level up.
- Advanced weapon mechanics. Magazine management, chambered bullets, and different types of ammo for different situations. Calibers and ammunition types affect how far and how well projectiles penetrate and damage their target.
- Skirmish, co-op & PvP. Play through the campaign mode with 1-4 players, or skirmish in randomly generated maps, fighting against friends or AI, alone or in co-op.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.