According to Eurogamer, recent data from the Spanish gaming market shows that the PlayStation 5 reigned supreme, easily defeating the Nintendo Switch.
Sony’s newest console sold 7,200 units in its first week (doubling sales from the last week of August, when it closed at 3,200 units).
Meanwhile, the Switch is in second place with 3,950 copies sold (selling less compared to August, when 4,600 units were sold).
Another odd statistic is that the Xbox Series X sold only 50 units in the first week of September, despite the fact that the console had sold 150 units the week before (the last one in August). Everything shows that the console has had major stock issues, among other things.
The Xbox Series S sold 650 units in the last week of August, compared to 450 units in the previous week.
The TOP of consoles was like this:
- PS5 – 7200 units
- Nintendo Switch – 3950 units
- Xbox Series S – 650 Units
- PS4 – 450 units
- Xbox X Series – 550 Units
- Xbox One – 150 units
Strong PS5 sales there were also reflected in Returnal and Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart returning to TOP physical sales in the country:
- Grand Theft Auto V (PS4)
- Minecraft (Switch)
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch)
- Ratchet & Clank: A Dimension Apart (PS5)
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch)
- Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury (Switch)
- F1 2021 (PS4)
- Returnal (PS5)
- Super Mario Party (Switch)
- Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville (Switch)